Launched in the year 2015, 1st June, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMGAY) is a Public welfare program that is curated by the Indian Government. As per the scheme, the financial assistance of about Rs. 120,000 in plain area and about Rs. 130,000 in high land areas will be given by the Indian Government in the rural areas. This amount will be provided for the construction of houses in rural areas.
The idea behind this scheme is that the house built under this Pradhan Mantri Gramin Gramin Aawas Yojana should have every facility such as LPG connection, Electricity Drinking water, Toilets, and other such important facilities.
The benefit of this scheme can be availed by women or married couples to build their houses that are provided by the government falls under other schemes which can be availed by the beneficiaries quite conveniently. The only thing that beneficiaries need to follow is that The responsibility to build the house is solely theirs and they cannot engage any kind of contractor in building their house.
Other financial assistance required For building Toilets and smokeless Chullah Can be provided by other Similar Schemes that fall under The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Scheme.
This scheme is operated by the Government of India since 1985 and has been successfully Providing Financial assistance to The natives of rural India.
Eligible candidates can even get subsidy on getting home loans and they need to pay low loan rates for their home.
Features and benefits: An overview
The main features and benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana scheme are as follows:
- The Interest rate according to this scheme is provided at a supported rate of 6.50% p.a. If applicants opt for housing loan for a period of 20 years.The interest subsidy will be provided for Middle Income Group (MIG) on housing loans for the acquisition/construction of houses (including repurchase).
- The interest subsidy will be provided for Middle Income Group (MIG) on housing loans for the acquisition/construction of houses (including repurchase).Under this Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana, all the urban areas have been covered in India that includes more than 4041 small towns and other small cities.
- For the weaker section, the house built under this Pradhan Mantri Gramin Gramin Aawas Yojana should have every facility such as LPG connection, Electricity Drinking water, Toilets, and other such important facilities.
- Under this Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana, all the urban areas have been covered in India that includes more than 4041 small towns and other small cities.
- Eco friendly and sustainable technologies will be used for construction.
- For senior residents and distinctively abled, portion of the ground floor will be liked.
Features & Benefits of PMAY Gramin Scheme
The main features and benefitThe main features and benefits of PMAY Gramin are:s of PMAY Gramin are:
- It promotes housing facilities in almost every rural area in India excluding the cities: Delhi and Chandigarh.
- ·The integral foundation of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Aawas Yojna is to assist the applicants in constructing a pucca house.
- This plan means to construct 4 crore houses for the country poor by 2022.
- The budget plan for this scheme is ₹ 81,975 crore.
Beneficiaries Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
- Other salient points concerning the PMAY list of beneficiaries are explained here.
- Beneficiaries may belong to MIGs, LIGs, or EWS sections.
- Beneficiaries belonging to the EWS section receive complete help under the PMAY program, while people under the MIGs and LIGs are suitable for the benefits under the CLSS.
PMAY Scheme Eligibility:
The applicants or beneficiaries under the different types of Schemes need to satisfy certain eligibility criteria, as explained here.
- The income of the household annually should be between: Rs. 6,00,000 and Rs. 18,00,000.
- Neither the applicant nor any of their family members should have a “Pucca” house in any part of the rural area in India.
- Natives who belong to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes can avail the benefits of this scheme as it falls under the Government program eligibility criteria.
How do we apply for PMAY?
- Here s a step-by-step walkthrough of the process involved in applying to the PMAY scheme.
- First, you need to visit the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online, I.e.
- Head to the “citizen assessment” option under the menu.
- Enter your Aadhar number, after which will find an application page will open in front of your screen.
- Then, provide all the personal information as required.
- To ward the finish of the application page, you’ll find an option that begins with “I am aware of.” Check this option and click on the “save” button.
- Upon saving your application, the system generates a unique number of your application. You need to save this application number.
- You need to “Download” your application, and then get it printed, and submit the hard copy at a CSC office or a bank/financial institution near you.
- If you qualify as a beneficiary under the Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana, you can avail of the benefit by applying for help under this scheme and purchase or construct a house at an affordable price.With the PMAY scheme now in its third stage, it won’t be long before this activity by the Government of India sees completion. By 2022, if all goes as planned, an economically portion of India’s monetarily more fragile areas may have affordable lodging to take cover in.
If you, too, are looking to purchase a house, but do not qualify under the PMAY scheme, you can do so with the home loans available on Finserv MARKETS. With loans of up to Rs. 3.5 crores, flexible repayment tenures, and competitive interest rates, you don’t have to wait to purchase your dream home!
How do we check our name on the program’s List without a Registration Number?
To check the name in the scheme’s 2021 list without registration number follow the below steps
Step 1: Go to official Website: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Head to and click on the advanced search option Of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana .
Step 2: Enter Required Details:
You’ll be redirected to a page that requires details like your name, BPL number, sanction order, or father’s or husband’s name.
Step 3: Click On Search Options:
Enter the relevant details and click on the “search” option.
Step 4: Your Name Will Appear:
If your name is on the PMAY list, it should appear.
How do we Check our Name in the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana Rural List with a registration number:
If your application is accepted for the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana list 2020-21 scheme, you would receive a registration number. Here are a few steps on checking your name in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana Rural List with a Registration Number:
Step 1:Visit official Website:- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana through your mobile or desktop.
Step 2: Enter Registration Number:
Enter your registration number, and submit it.
Step 3: Check Your Name:
If your registration number is part of the PMAY database, your details will appear.
With that, we have come to the end of this informative blog. For more information, kindly contact on the contact details mentioned below:
Toll-free Number: 1800116446
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org